Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ducks & ducklings


I just saw my first family of ducklings - - mama was chasing them across the grass from near the apartments into our lake - they were running - down the bank into the water. There is a little bank - - I couldn't see them - - but I saw the ripples - - then one came up out of the water = and 2 more then 4 and finally ten - - but mama was still in the water, swimming in and out - - then she climbed the bank and turned around - - 2 more ducklings came - - and as she waddled toward the flock, another little one climber the bank - - I think that makes 12 or 13 - - I'll have to catch them again and recount.. Unfortunately they were so far away I couldn't get a picture - - but I will.

In the back ground is this picture - - no sunlight - but a wonderful sight of dozens and dozens of white-flowered trees.We get very little sunshine - - but the trees are beautiful anyway. So here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment