Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting old

A Plain Dealer columnist, Regina Brett just brought forth a new idea - - and it gave me ideas and a new purpose for living. She wrote: "Calendar busts myths on aging." and she continues "Growing old is not for sissies.

I just recognized the difference - - I'm not 'old'; I just getting 'older'. And aren't we all - - you and the person near you right now- - and the baby in the stroller. We're all 'getting older' - which sounds so positive. It means to me that life has not ended - - it continues to move on - - and I'd better move on with it. I wonder how anyone else feels about 'getting older'? A fifteen older would relish the idea! - a 39 year older never wants to be 40. But at 89 - - why not relish the idea of getting older - - and do something about it - - in a positive sense. New Years resolution - - "What's fun - and great about getting older?"

No comments:

Post a Comment