Saturday, April 24, 2010

There are 'some' days

Today it is raining slightly - - I can tell only by looking outside at the lakes. There are 'rain spots' on them . It is not hard enough to touch my windows.

Naturally it is cloudy. - a hard day to get out of bed.

Sitting in my rocking chair - - just thinking and wondering - - I picked up Friday's PD which happened to be opened to Regina Brett's column. She says, 'Just get up; dress up; show up' for days like this.

Problem is - - I can 'get up', I can 'dress up', - - but, being retired, where am I expected to 'show up'? No. I don't want another committee meeting - - I've had vertigo - (unbalanced - so?) I shouldn't go to the exercise class - - - - so - where do I show up? If I've no place to 'show up' what is the point of getting up and dressing up?


1 comment:

  1. love this photo!
    I love days like this, sitting in my cosy pj's looking out the window or sitting on the porch with a hot cup of coffee in my hand just to think and really enjoy the moments. For me, it's good to slow down this world moves to fast and I need to stop and not get dressed and just enjoy the moment.
    xx
    callie

    ReplyDelete