Sunday, April 25, 2010

Losing the 'saved'


Yesterday I wrote what I thought were some interesting ideas. But then I got a phone call that it was dinner time. So I 'saved' my piece.
After dinner I came back to finish it - - and couldn't find the 'save'. I hunted in many places - I obviously didn't know the right one. So - - it's gone - -maybe forever into the ether - somehow.

Then I got to thinking about things I've saved - - because at the moment they were so important. So I put them away 'safely' for another day. The 'saved' object may remain hidden to days or months and often for years. When I finally find it, I wonder - - what is this? Why did I ever 'save' it?

I guess this is the same for ideas - - some need to be 'saved' , because of the universal application it might have. Others should be truly 'lost' forever. So I rate that bit I wrote yesterday - - with the later. You are spared the time it might have taken to read it - - and now are caught in a bit of philosophy. So be it! Hallie

No comments:

Post a Comment